Monday 14 February 2011

Ups & Downs

I can honestly say i'm really pleased to have got the past 2 weeks out of the way, not only have Amy, Steve & I had a nasty bout of flu we very sadly had to have our beloved Dylan put to sleep! So no training and all dogs have been on rationed exercise.
Luckily I've now started to feel much better and began training properly again this weekend. I gave up with the 2x2 weaves in favour of the swivel channel weaves and have been really pleased with the results so far. Rupert is very good at finding the entrance from any angle so I have now started to close the gap, he is almost at the closed stage, however this morning I came accross out first real failure, He works the first 6 weaves brilliantly, but then seems to get a bit lazy or crafty I'm not sure which and slips out to get his toy! he did this a few times this morning and I was just about to open them out again when he got it! and I did a couple more, still he got it, so I moved onto a jumping sequence and went back to it and he still got it! He was just reminding me to be patient!

He's also started swimming lessons at our local canine hydrotherapy pool, at first he was a little unsure but not he loves the whole experience from getting his warm shower to being blasted dry at the end. It's a great form of stamina training, and hopefully will give him the confidence to swim with Maisy when we go on holiday later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment