Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy Birthday Rupert

So on 30th December 2010 Darian Snow Bear (Rupert) became a year old. Where has the time gone? My sister Sara collected her puppy on 29th December who is Ruperts half brother (same Mum) his name is Teaser and is such a cutie, but I don't remember Rupert ever being that small!?!
I started Ruperts weave training and am very pleased with the progress so far, however letting him set that pace may have been a mistake! he just wants to learn more and more which although a good thing in many respects is a bit of a problem when I'm still getting my head round whats the best way to progress! so I've only done the basics until I next see Jo on Sunday.
Before Christmas Rupert was only doing the dog walk on small height as he wasn's sure when I raised the planks, but this week he wasn't bothered at all by the height and was zooming over it into his 2 on 2 off position, I also introduced the A frame and in only one session he is confidently running a lovely A frame into his contact position, the See Saw on the other hand is a different matter! I have only done it holding his collar and managing the tip for him, but he gets spooked by the noise it makes after he has been released so I plan to use something to muffle the sound for a week or so, but I'll keep you posted how that goes.
We have booked ourselves onto a Toni Dawkins training day on 15th January so we are really excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment