Monday 17 January 2011

Clever Puppy



Our first Puppy class was good fun, it was very basic as Sarah wanted to see at what level everyone was working, Rupert behaved well appart from getting a little over excited waiting for his turn, but settled down as the evening went on. He maintained all his waits and executed both left and right turns nicely so I was very pleased with his progress.
On Saturday we met Toni Dawkins, there are some trainers who just inspire you without really even having to say much, and Toni is one of those people. Again this was a foundation course and we learnt some good tips, we also did the dogwalk which we haven't really done away from home but Rupert didn't faulter, he ran all the way to his 2 on 2 off position while I ran wide not moving until I gave him his release command, I was well Chuffed!
Yesterday we had our weekly session with Jo, these sessions are getting more like a workout with the SAS every week!! only joking Jo LOL!!! what can I say, Rupert was brilliant, I sometimes think the agility fairies have been training Rupert while I sleep!! he did start off by knocking poles, and thinking about it at both Puppy classes he was jumping small which must be quite confusing so from now on I'm going to ask for him to be on medium.
Today my legs are aching!
This week Rupert is having his hips X-rayed for his hip score, this will determin if he will be acceptable to go to Stud, although I have no plans to put him to stud, if the opportunity arose with an approved bitch at lease we would be ready. So fingers crossed for a good outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment