Tuesday 1 June 2010

What lies ahead

Rupert has had a great weekend (as always) I have now started walking him with one other dog, usually either Ben or Summer, I was expecting him to try pulling on the lead to get in front or just to the other one, but he has been really good and hasn't had a tight lead once. I have also been letting him off the lead, only in areas where I have complete confidence he is safe, and his recalls from distractions are again coming on very well, there are a few times when I have to ask 2 or even 3 times but once he realises that I really mean it and there might be a tasty treat in store he soon comes trotting back.
Yesterday I took him for a walk to the training field where there is a large pond being the home of some very large expensive fish!! this pond is surrounded by a low electric fence to stop the Herons from poaching, Rupert's curiosity got the better of him and found out he does not like electric fences! the poor baby was not happy, but later in the day when he was out walking with Ben he didn't give it a 2nd look so maybe he wasn't scarred after all.
This Saturday I have booked Rupert and I onto a day course with Richard Curtis, I am not planning on doing any heelwork to music competitions but I am interested in his training methods and so Rupert and I armed with our clicker and plenty of tasty treats will hopefully come home with a few new tricks up our sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment