Monday 20 September 2010

Bromsgrove update


So this weekend I took Maisy, Summer and Rupert to Bromsgrove agility competition, I always take Rupert along with me to get him used to the sights and sounds of the competition environment, and he is a good hot water bottle for the girls sleeping in the awning!. And I am pleased to say I didn't see any signs of his teritorial behaviour, however he has now started to cock his leg and doesn't seem to care where!! so again a little more training and a few verbal reminders should sort that issue out. On the training front I have continued with his hoop training however he is so excited by it that as soon as I set it out he starts racing back and forward through it!!! Hhmmm I may have overcooked it a little, so now he is only allowed to do it when it is at the end of the contact plank and will only be rewarded for his efforts if I have queued him to do it - this probably makes a lot of sence to most of you! however Rupert is a smart cookie and has taught himself new behaviours without me even knowing about it until I evaluate his knowledge and see the flaws, which luckily up to now have been quickly ironed out. He still has his Mali infatuation which could become a problem (currently it's sweet) whenever he sees a Mali he getsw excited but if by some miracle it has Jo on the end of the lead he just cannot contain his excitement! a couple of times at the weekend he saw them at a distance and just decided to take himself off to say hello! although there was one moment where we were standing by the ringside watching a class, Rupert was getting very excited watching the dogs as the jumped the line of jumps nearest to us, but then Ronny came into the ring and Rupert just sat quietly transfixed by his idol!! lets hope he was taking all the skill in..

No comments:

Post a Comment