Wednesday 4 August 2010

7 Months already

So Rupert is now 7 months old! where has the time gone? he has had a bit of a rest over the past few days as I've been trying to prepare Maisy for the Agility festival and Dashing dogs which is 9 days of agility over a 14 day period, I've still been giving him 5 minutes twice a day, he now has a full understanding of the left command without any visual aids and offers a very speedy walk back over a good distance however he gets quite vocal at the sheer excitement of it all, come to think of it his Uncle Smartie can be quite a vocal dog at times so I must keep a lid on it as much as possible without stemming his enthusiasm. As far as heelwork goes, I'm really pleased with his progress, we now have forward movement and lovely turns, I have lost a little of the leg commitment I have in statics but taking a side step and clicking the re-join is working to tighten it up - I don't want the "Lean on" style heelwork, I suppose all I really want is a dog who can happily understand and maintain the position without being nagged to death! (been there, done that and in fact got the T-shirt!) and so far so VERY good. Tonight it's back to some agility training, I'm going to put his directional commands into practice setting out a box with poles on the floor and perhaps if time try some send aways into the tunnel - maybe a few pictures will follow if I can only find the memory card!

No comments:

Post a Comment